Question:   Where do I get information on who regulates lenders?

Answer:   The following regulatory bodies oversee lenders:

  • Comptroller of the Currency, Compliance Division, Washington, D.C., (800) 613-6743.
  • Office of Thrift Supervision, Consumer Affairs, Washington, D.C., (202) 906-6237.
  • Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., Consumer Affairs, Washington, D.C., (800) 934-3342.

Your state departments of real estate or commerce also may regulate the lenders in your area.

Atlanta Communities